Old 04-08-2006, 11:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Holes in yard

In my back yard there are about 50 or more holes. They are about 1.5 inches
in diameter and seem to be between 4 and 6 inches deep. It looks as if they
were punched in by a stick as there is no mound of dirt around them. They
have been there for several months and I have had several opinions on what
they may be. The ground is near the woods and there is a small stream about
50 feet away from them. Some are close to each other but some are about 20
feet from the others.

Photos can be found he

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmowery28146/Holes/

The shinny object near one of them is a quarter to compair the size.

They are not mole or vole holes as they only go down a few inches and stop.