Old 04-08-2006, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default wood pidgeon life span

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

They did used to attack my veg and strip the broccoli until we netted
the plants, but they also make a horrible mess everywhere they go. The
the birdbath for instance: I go and clean it out and add fresh water -
then the pigeons arrive, throw their weight about so the other birds
can't get a look in, have a nice drink and then turn round and
poop in it!

Wood pigeons don't use our bird bath at all - the collar doves do. All the
small birds deposit in it though :-) I clean it regularly.

They're the same on the birdtable if I put any loose food out, hogging
the lot and making a fine old mess. I wouldn't mind if there were only
one or two, but they seem to be taking over the neighbourhood like some
sort of avian gangster mob! ;-)

Tht's a shame, it's not my experience though.

I've threatened to get an air gun, but I'm probably too much of a softie
to use it really.

Well, I do like pigeon breasts ...

Mary

Seems a waste to ignore the pigeon chest.