Old 05-08-2006, 02:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_2_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_2_] is offline

Default Deer fence

In article .com,
"Frank" wrote:

All this balloney about birds. How about children and pets?

I use electric wire to _control_ my pets... One or two zaps and the dogs
never go near them again.

Children? Warn them. Electric fencing hurts but it's harmless. If the
child is stupid (or stubborn) enough to touch a wire once they've been
warned, I'll guarantee you they will only do it once!

No harm done.

Personally, I've been zapped crossing electric cattle fences while
hunting and shock was very mild. Probably just enough to discourage
the animals but otherwise harmless. Electric fences, tall fences or
netting are the only sure remedies to keep deer away from plants.

Frank

I've run the wheelbarrow up against mine and gotten shocked.G
I then have to move it away from it with gloved hands, or my feet with
shoes on. It's just surprising and uncomfortable, it really does not
hurt.

It's not like getting electrocuted or anything!

I've shocked myself when cleaning walls and accidently getting spray
cleaner running down into a live wall socket. THAT'S different! An
electric fence is no comparison to actually getting zapped by live
current! Glass cleaner is a great conductor. :-P
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson