Old 05-08-2006, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] is offline

Default Sunny herb garden

We don't restrict chives to a herb bed. They work well in small clumps
amongst flower beds. They have lovely purplish flowers if you let them. And
the clumps just keep getting bigger every year, so we just divide them
periodically and have yet more clumps of chives. Really handy when we have a
cheese or ham baguette etc, just popping into the garden with a pair of
scissors and chopping off a handfull. They provide a fresh tasty snack for
much of the year.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk