Old 05-08-2006, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed Matthew Reed is offline

Default Can I plant carrots and stuff for winter crops now?

Persephone wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 09:16:29 -0700, "Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal
dot com nospam wrote:

When to plant carrots, beets, turnips, etc. for fall winter crops? Is it
still too early in the season?

Gotta list your zone, man. Answer different for Texas or Alaska g.

Persephone

Haha, I'm sorry - I naturally assume everyone knows where I love LOL.

Lebanon, Oregon. 20 miles south of Salem, Oregon. Mid Wilammette valley. Zip
97355. Not really sure what our zone is. Around here, summer heat sometimes
ends at the end of August, or it can hit 100 the first week of Sept.