Old 05-08-2006, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Harry Chickpea Harry Chickpea is offline

Default Deer fence

"Frank" wrote:

All this balloney about birds. How about children and pets?

I've never seen a kid or a dog perched on an electric fence. :-)

Personally, I've been zapped crossing electric cattle fences while
hunting and shock was very mild. Probably just enough to discourage
the animals but otherwise harmless. Electric fences, tall fences or
netting are the only sure remedies to keep deer away from plants.

The danger would probably be to people with pacemakers.