Old 05-08-2006, 04:43 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Donna Maroni Donna Maroni is offline

Default Fig Recipes was Help, figs fall when near-ripe

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Kira Dirlik wrote:

...how about some fig recipes?

There are lots of fig recipes to be found on epicurious.com. From that
source, here's a different jam that is great with Manchego cheese as
suggested:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...s/views/105443

See the remarks for lots of suggestions for additions & substitutions and
for serving suggestions, but do try it with the sesame seeds and lemon
zest.

The second Pickled Figs

http://www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus/m0812F05.htm

recipe on this site, the one that uses pickling spices, sounds very much
like one I use and like. However, my recipe calls for some baking soda in
the initial 5 minute water soak. This is good with roasted meats.

Mostarda de Cremona is a wonderful condiment for meats.

http://italianfood.about.com/od/sauc.../r/blr0834.htm

So you could take the hint from this and use mustard in the proportions
suggested by the recipe instead of the pickling spices in the Pickled Figs
recipe.

Donna