Old 05-08-2006, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Accidental potatoes

Sue wrote:
"Peter Stockdale" wrote
"Mikey" wrote
I always find the accidental ones give the biggest crops... compared
to the ones I care for lovingly, loads of compost in the trench,
earthing up, watering etc. etc.

I seem to recall that these "accidentals" are often referred to as
volunteers.

Or self-sets.

Never mind cutting seed potatoes to save money, my Mother said that her
father used to plants the potatoes peelings and get a crop. How good of
course I don't know, but back then I guess being poor was exactly that,
not the current idea at all.