Old 06-08-2006, 01:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] googlemail2003@yahoo.com is offline

Default How and when to repot my Phal

Thanks. That's what I'll do. I'm far from a repotting novice, it's
just orchids that I haven't handled. I think I can tell a dead root
from a live one - at least I hope so.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I suppose I can bring it back to the nursery where it was purchased.

Why do that? Repotting orchids is no big deal. Buy a bag of
Phalenopsis mix at Lowe's or Home Depot and get to work when it's time.
Trim any obviously dead roots.(healthy roots are silvery and/or green)
Make sure the plant's crown is above the mix and fill in the gaps.
Water it well and forget about it for another year or two. It isn't
rocket science.

Most orchids are a lot tougher than most people assume them to be.

J. Del Col