Old 06-08-2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
? ? is offline

Default Orchids R in season....or not!

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 18:33:38 -0400 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
Hmm. A bit of hallucination might do the trick! The only changes we've made
in our cultural habits is to repot in a more timely manner, and do some more
fertilizing than we used to do, which was needed. Light levels have not
changed, nor has watering. No new chemicals have been introduced. I will say
this: although we have not lost any tree canopy, and our screening is
exactly the same, I am seeing lighter leaves on many plants. [If anything,
our fruit trees are providing more shade than ever.] Temperatures here are
no different than in prior summers, but it seems that somehow the plants are
getting brighter light. I had a Rhy. gigantea go almost white overnight a
few months ago. It had lived in that spot for three years.

Off the wall guess.

Gas prices, existing standards on particulate emissions, and obsolescence
of vehicles not complying with particulate emissions standards has
finally counteracted global dimming.

Then again, my Onc. stinky baby is indoors, blooming its brains out
on two spikes, and putting up a 3rd flower spike.
Then again this is its first blooming.
But the Mtdm next to is is spiking again.
--
Chris Dukes
"The key to effective management is properly timed hovering."