Old 19-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Frogleg

Default sunflower gardens

On 16 Mar 2003 17:43:00 -0800, (Rebecca)
wrote:

I once drove by a feild to be what looked like a million sunflowers.
It was so beautiful.

There are many varieties of sunflowers, with different colors and of
different heights. I grew "Mexican sunflowers" one year and they were
fabulous -- a very warm red color, and about 4' tall. Terrific
bloomers -- not just a single stem, but many, many flowers on each
plant. Although a whole field is certainly a treat to see, they can
also be incorporated into smaller garden spaces. And be equally
cheerful. :-)