Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior[_1_] FragileWarrior[_1_] is offline

Default Cactus Seed

"craterr" wrote in :

I am retired and looking for a hobby. I love growing cacti and
thought I would try cacti from seed. I have ordered from several
commercial vegetable and annual flower seed company's but have not had
much success. Does anyone know of places of people that sell cactus
seed at a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated.
Neb

Cactus from seed takes a longggggggg time to grow, IIRC. (Or at least it
did decades ago when I was a kid and tried it.) Are you sure you want to
wait a few years for teeny plant when there are so many great ones you can
buy at a reasonable price? Maybe you could do something else with cactus
-- grafting, perhaps?