Old 06-08-2006, 01:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
FireBrick[_1_] FireBrick[_1_] is offline

Default Holes in yard

Could they be squirrels.
I have lots of squirrels in my area, and they did small holes similar to
that to bury their 'cache'.
I have a big corn stalk right in the middle of my flower garden, the result
of a squirrel.
(even my Alzheimer memory is better than the squirrels)

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
ink.net...
In my back yard there are about 50 or more holes. They are about 1.5
inches in diameter and seem to be between 4 and 6 inches deep. It looks
as if they were punched in by a stick as there is no mound of dirt around
them. They have been there for several months and I have had several
opinions on what they may be. The ground is near the woods and there is a
small stream about 50 feet away from them. Some are close to each other
but some are about 20 feet from the others.

Photos can be found he

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmowery28146/Holes/

The shinny object near one of them is a quarter to compair the size.

They are not mole or vole holes as they only go down a few inches and
stop.