Old 06-08-2006, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed Matthew Reed is offline

Default Wasp problem

There is a special attractant on the market that attracts only yellow
jackets. It's a liquid you poor onto a cotton ball, and lasts a few weeks.
It's a chemical that the yellow jackets thinks is a queen bee, and they
horny little buggers are highly attracted to it. I see it at Wal-Mart and
WinCo foods, so you can probably find it at your local big box store,
hardware stores, etc. I like it because it does not attract paper wasps or
other non-agressive bees.

I have a wasp attractant recipe which is basically fruit juice with added
sugar and a few drops of dish soap. I've used that before, and it attracts
most wasps.

"sdmg2002" wrote in message
ups.com...
What do you use as an attractant for the yellow jackets. I bought two
traps and used some stale beer in them, but they didn't seem
interested. They come to your hamburger pretty quickly, but that
leaves a mess in the traps (joke).