Old 06-08-2006, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Winemaking

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message .com
from contains these words:

JennyC wrote:
It's a pity my Mum is no longer alive....she could make wine out of
anything, including old socks !!

Yes, I've been given glasses of wine like that.

Me too. My FIL used to make wine out of tea :-(

Janet

I've used cold tea in winemaking, it adds tannin, but like everything else
is a matter of taste, very usefull if the recipe doesn't require grapes or
sultanas etc.

The best wine I managed to make in a 15 year winemaking spell was from
nettles, but a tip for anyone attempting it - don't use nettles after mid
May - the seed heads give the wine an aroma of old cheese!! - early spring
growth is best, anything else and you are in Camembert country.