Old 06-08-2006, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_1_] Alan Holmes[_1_] is offline

Default Tree and sewage pipe

"ernie mendoza" wrote in message
I have a 30-year-old apple tree growing over the main sewage pipe of
my house. Should I cut down the tree before its roots damage the pipe?
The pipe must be as old as the house which was built around 1903.

I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't already either damaged the pipe or the
pipe is so good the tree will not be able to damage it.

I don't think I would worry about it, you could check where the is any
intrusion by using a tool for cleaning pipes, can't remember what it is
called, but I have no doubt someone with a better memory than me will tell
us!

Alan