Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Tomato glut?

On 6/8/06 22:30, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote after from "Bob Hobden" wrote
It's about the time everyone gets a glut of tomatoes, ours are all
ripening
now on the allotment. Passata is used for most Italian dishes (and
others)
and freezes well in bags so ...

http://www.seedsofitaly.com/catalogue/18

The top item sounds just the job, anyone got one?

Not that model, but I used something very similar to puree baby food,
Moulinex brand.
I think Lakeland still sells something like it . They have a very
helpful phone service.

But this one sorts out the skin and seeds from the pulp too.

For years I had one of the cheese grater thingies but it was made of
stainless steel. I found it invaluable for use at the table as well as in
cooking. If you like making Italian dishes, I would recommend one of those,
too.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk