Old 07-08-2006, 05:57 AM posted to triangle.gardens
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\) laurie \(Mother Mastiff\) is offline

Default Fig Recipes was Help, figs fall when near-ripe

We love this fig clafouti (pudding), a new chicken friend brought me a HUGE
bag of fresh figs and we ate clafouti all weekend. This makes too much to
fit into my standard glass pie pans, so I use a slightly deeper casserole
dish the same diameter.

http://magazines.ivillage.com/goodho...643150,00.html

enjoy!

How do you caramelize figs?

My tree is not dropping fruit now. However, today we photographed so many
kinds of insects enjoying the fruit, it was amazing! Great photo opp
though.

laurie (Mother Mastiff)

"Donna Maroni" wrote in message
news:Pine.A41.4.63+UNC.0608051122520.44344@login6. isis.unc.edu...
On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Kira Dirlik wrote:

...how about some fig recipes?

There are lots of fig recipes to be found on epicurious.com. From that
source, here's a different jam that is great with Manchego cheese as
suggested:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...s/views/105443

See the remarks for lots of suggestions for additions & substitutions and
for serving suggestions, but do try it with the sesame seeds and lemon
zest.

The second Pickled Figs

http://www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus/m0812F05.htm

recipe on this site, the one that uses pickling spices, sounds very much
like one I use and like. However, my recipe calls for some baking soda in
the initial 5 minute water soak. This is good with roasted meats.

Mostarda de Cremona is a wonderful condiment for meats.

http://italianfood.about.com/od/sauc.../r/blr0834.htm

So you could take the hint from this and use mustard in the proportions
suggested by the recipe instead of the pickling spices in the Pickled Figs
recipe.

Donna