Old 07-08-2006, 02:23 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
newsreader newsreader is offline

Default weeds and pavers?

TP wrote:
We have Unilock pavers around our in ground swimming pool. I’m sure
there are others who have pavers. How do you keep the weeds from
sprouting between the pavers? Tried an area with the weed mat or
newspaper, after a season (upstate NY) it looks the same as the other
areas. I use stone dust in the joints. I heard of the chemical (weed
stop) sand mix. Haven’t located any around here. I hear its very
expense, and wears away. I hate to use a chemical (ie: roundup) because
of it getting into the pool water. Tried the weed torch to burn them,
PITA. Does anyone have a good solution to weeds and pavers?

Thanks

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I never saw my earlier reply show up.

Start by washing out as much of the stone dust as you can. Stone dust
is no good for interlocking paver joints. (I hope for your patio's sake
your setting bed is not stone dust as well.)

Let the area dry out thoroughly.

Invest in some polymeric joint sand (NOT grout), it should be available
from most resellers of concrete pavers. Follow installation instructions
carefully & completely.

The brand we sell here in Maryland can be seen he

http://www.techniseal.com/products.p...=1&langue_Id=1

This product should eliminate virtually all your weed problems, and also
stop ants from tunneling through the joints & making piles of powder on
the surface.

David