Old 07-08-2006, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default wood pidgeon life span

In article ,
"BAC" writes:

| That's as may be, but the exercise reported on certainly doesn't support the
| blanket assertion that magpies completely destroy populations of smaller
| songbirds (and therefore 'need' to be culled) which Trapper Alan referred to
| in justification of his opinion of the species.

Oh, quite. In fact, as I posted, it is perfectly possible that culling
magpies might reduce the populations of songbirds. From that analysis,
one cannot tell whether it would do that, increase them, or neither.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.