Old 07-08-2006, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Plums from stones?

"David (in Normandy)" wrote in message
Can plums be grown "true" from stones? A neighbour gave us some small but
really nice sweet plums, grown locally. I've no idea what variety they
are, but would like to have a go at growing some from the stones - if they
come true?
--

As I understand it, the variety of plum would come true, but the problem is
the original tree was probably grown on dwarfing rootstock, or at least the

Steve