Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Plums from stones?

"David \(in Normandy\)" typed

Can plums be grown "true" from stones? A neighbour gave us some small but
really nice sweet plums, grown locally. I've no idea what variety they are,
but would like to have a go at growing some from the stones - if they come
true?

I suspect not.

Some 'accidental' plum trees have sprung up around our Victoria plum
tree and the fruit is rather disappointing.

If the original plant is truly wild, you may be in luck, but most
cultivated fruit are hybrids.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.