Old 08-08-2006, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Flowering aquatic plants for zone 4?

Mama Bear wrote:
Are there any good flowering aquatic plants that would be good for zone 4?
( Denver area )

I have this heavy steel tub out in the yard. We don't even know what the
heck it is. It's open on the top but not the bottom. I tried putting some
strawbrries in there but they sat in water, the thing doesn't drain
enough. ( it has one hole in the bottom, about 1/2" square but it's not
enough )

So are there any kinds of plants that I can put in it, that will do well
sitting in water and maybe give me some nice flowers?

Some of the water loving irises would look nice in there.

Steve