Old 08-08-2006, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson Susan Erickson is offline

Default 2 Problems

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:24:26 -0400, "TQ" ToweringQs AT adelphia.net
wrote:

"Jack" wrote in message
roups.com...
I was wondering if any one has a good way of controling thrips and
fungas gnats in S/H, I have tryed neem, systems, BTH and soaking, I
still have the freeking critters (the gnats I can stand, but I HATE
thrips)

I have no idea whether this method will have unintended consequences, but an
even layer of fine white sand about 1/4" thick will quickly smother your
annoying gnats.

How can you put sand on top of S/H? It will work down into the
PrimeAgra or expanded clay.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids