Old 07-08-2006, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Tetanus every 5-10 years - Please Read - Important!

"Vivek.M" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 20:05:21 +1000, "Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow
wrote:
Since he is the one who claimed to fell unwelcome then that is HIS
personal reaction. Whether you believe or feel that he was made
unwelcome or not is a judgement that you can not make on his behalf.

A quick post, i have calmed down quite a bit. I never meant to give
the impression that URG made me feel un-welcome! On the contrary many
people on URG were fantastic including Janet (after all she was the
only one on rec.gardens, who actually replied to my introduction
there, with a rattling good mail). I wouldn't have come this way
unless i had met her (i think she mentioned URG in a post or
something, but i don't quite remember).

Now i'm not sure, but i suspect that she is partly angry with me
because of my constant harping about raspberry. I think she went into
"troll-alert" mode when i mentioned raspberry on URG, especially when
she had said, on RG, that raspberrys need cool climes. She is right
but only partly. Check out:
"http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/mysore_raspberry.html"

Now i'd love to claim that i knew about that all the time i was on
URG, unfortunately i only found out about that as of Tue Aug 01; well
after my first Tetanus post and well after all the raspberry
references on URG. The reason i mention it is because i'm trying to
give you a insight into my character; I am fairly persistent when i
want something and don't give up easily, especially when i'm not happy
with the answer. I'll post the same question on multiple newsgroups
and web-sites. For eg: that "Hairy Vetch" answer left me un-satisfied
and i made it a point to post almost immediately on gardenweb where i
got a more satisfactory answer - "Rhizobium leguminosarum, type "C"".
Mike Lyle or Nick Mclaren may have felt quite offended at my
persistence, though i view that quite differently.

About Tetanus, OT posts and the Charter: The charter does give the
impression people from all over the world are welcome so long as they
post on a UK related subject. Now in my opinion, as a total stranger
to URG, URG does try to live up to the spirit off the charter (my
warm welcome is testament to that), but only partly.

( IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY ) The charter assumes that people from
outside will know everything there is to know about the UK and then
carefully draft questions and answers to various posts on URG thus
staying on topic; That's not likely to be the case. What is worse, the
charter gives the impression that so long as one does not post like
this: "Hi, how do i grow grapes in Finland" - all is welcome. There
is one other thing the charter implies: It implies that the person
from outside can discuss/mention his country's plants, his gardening
methods etc within a thread, so long as he doesn't start a thread
like: "My garden in Norway; Tulips in bloom".

I strongly feel that the charter must be re-edited to reflect the
above, with examples, a skull and cross-bones to boot and
DANGER-READ-READ signs.

Which now brings me to a more controversial topic, the various
comments. Here i am on uncertain ground. I don't want to inflame
tempers and have people insult me again, but i feel that i should
speak up against certain statements in the vain hope that people will
actually see the injustice off it. Well *grin* you might want to blame
Farm1 for it . Farm, you beast from outerspace! I love you for
speaking up for me in this ripping fashion and goading her into
rending you! Now i wish you'd pipe down for ever and let me speak to
the lady concerned. I suppose she will blow a couple of fuses and just
kill-file me *grin*.

Janet, your a total worm and a utter rotter! I doubt you'll ever
listen to me, and even if you do, i doubt you'd actually learn
anything. You'r like my Dad - he'll never ever admit he was wrong!

1. Begging posts on rec.gardens.

Remember the "Help A Disabled Man's Dream Come True" post on
rec.gardens? That was a begging post; it claimed destitution and asked
for charity. Did i ever, in any of my posts do that Janet? Did i ever
say send me something for free because i'm very very nice? There is a
difference between "Beg", "Ask" and "Offer in fair trade". You accuse
me of begging because you are spiteful! You know only too well the
kind of reputation we Indians have in the world and you play on that!
Being a newcomer to URG and a Indian to boot, any comments you make
against me will be accepted without the least bit of double checking!

2. "He has also emailed me privately, more than once, with screeds of
additional questions which I also answered for him politely and
helpfully."

That does raise visions of, tons of questions, and email on various
topics, being patiently answered by a paragon of patience and virtue.

The total conversation amounted to:
1. 1 - email V-J
2. 1 - email J-V
3. 1 - thank-you-for-clarifying, email V-J.
All i ever asked her was if a Mr. X was trolling me because he had
mailed me about trolls and tracking them down; I did this because you
appeared to be a long standing member of the NG who appeared friendly;
It seemed quite the sensible thing to do.

That's deception No 2 and why i hate you.

3. "his "naive schoolboy gardener" act earned particular
tolerance and forbearance in this group until he got bored,"

Well, i plead guilty to this one. I'm not nearly so naive as i seem.
Maybe some of you will take the time to go here and take a peek:
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...951048967.html
If i'm lying at least i lie consistently! Or did you mean that i was
trying too hard to get into everyones good graces..

Do you find this particular post to be particularly school-boyish?
Try to grasp something - running around with a frown on your face
doesn't make you a man and don't confuse bluntness with naivety.
Crotchety-ness doesn't make you wise, merely old. You are crotchety.
I mean, you are nice and kind and well meaning but your a heck off a
good hater at the same time! If i'm in your good books then you are
all lovey-dovey but the slightest infraction and a proper ticking off
i get and god help me if i resist! Then immediately i am a troll and
it's off to the dungeon any which way; no holds barred and you'll say
anything and do anything to get the group to hate me!

Now perhaps you would care to elaborate as to how i was IMPOSING on
the group?

Mr. Lamey i can understand imposes on this NG; I don't quite see how
i am equated with him in one fell stroke. That isn't fair Janet! You
aren't being a wee bit fair from point 1 onwards! You are treating
this NG as if it's your little baby and using all sorts of nasty
tactics in its defense. Anyway..

I don't quite understand how tolerance and forebearance come into the
picture? As long as i don't violate your charter rules, i don't
impose OR require tolerance OR forebearance. It's only when the
charter rules are GROSSLY or FLAGRANTLY violated does forgiveness
forebearance/tolerance come into the picture. I honestly doubt i was
that bad!

Or did i just stay too long and outlive my welcome?

There are a couple of other points i wanted to go into but i won't.
This damned post is already too long and i do have something more
important to add.

I've already quit this NG; If YOU really wan't me to, i'll quit RG as
well. I can't exactly lurk because i'll see something like Farm1's
stolid defence *grin* and then be tempted to post. There is a reason
why i'm being extra nice to you - You replied to me first and were
helpfu and very nicel, even if things soured later. I'll offset your
niceness against the grouchy you. Gardening info i can find on the
web; I already have a gardening community in gardenweb so it's a small
price to pay for clearing things up and calming frayed nerves. It
really doesn't pay to leave disputes un-settled. I mean, let's just
raise the white-flag. I'll f*off and get out of your hair and all is
forgiven. Bygones are bygones. Well that's what i'm going to do in any
case just though you should know. Just do me the favour of not making
any more acid remarks - I'll consider that as a peace offering.

I mean come on Jan, If i'm out of here for ever and RG for possibly
(1-2 years) well surely i couldn't possibly be a troll and my very
abscence is proof, right? Anyway - no more posts from my side. This
should be by last - unless you are dying or something and wanting to
hear from me *grin*
Bye.

And try not to say anything un-pleasent. It upsets me know end! Wish
all this had never happened! Bye

What a load of rambling rubbish, made even worse by your offensive comments
about Indians.