Old 08-08-2006, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Tetanus every 5-10 years - Please Read - Important!

"Vivek.M" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 20:05:21 +1000, "Farm1"

please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:
Since he is the one who claimed to fell unwelcome then that is HIS
personal reaction. Whether you believe or feel that he was made
unwelcome or not is a judgement that you can not make on his

behalf.

A quick post, i have calmed down quite a bit. I never meant to give
the impression that URG made me feel un-welcome!

Perhaps you need to be more careful in how you word your posts? If
you state that: "I suppose that's because you don't want me here",
says to me that you are feeling unwlecome and not wnated.

The charter does give the
impression people from all over the world are welcome so long as

they
post on a UK related subject. Now in my opinion, as a total stranger
to URG, URG does try to live up to the spirit off the charter (my
warm welcome is testament to that), but only partly.

Given the range of plants that I've seen growing in the UK {either in
the flesh or in UK publications] and that I know I couldn't grow in a
fit here in a cold winter/scorching summer antipodian garden coupled
with the range of microclimates and macroclimates of the UK then I've
always found the urg Charter to be a bit precious.

Still, the Brits do a have a reputation for being the best gardeners
in the world although I suspect that thousand of years of soil
imorovemnt and the Gulf stream lashing their shores does give them an
edge. Their general and indepth knowledge of gardening is still the
best aroudn the Net though.

Well *grin* you might want to blame
Farm1 for it .

Anyone who blames me for anything you say will be duly mashed by me
:-))

Farm, you beast from outerspace! I love you for
speaking up for me in this ripping fashion and goading her into
rending you! Now i wish you'd pipe down for ever and let me speak to
the lady concerned.

Hmmmph! First you utter words of love and then tell me to pipe down.
You're on your own now boyo!