Old 08-08-2006, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_1_] Sally Thompson[_1_] is offline

Default Tetanus every 5-10 years - Please Read - Important!

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:28:26 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

snip

My husband, who has been in the business or associated with it for 60 years,
says that an old gardener once told him to listen to the old chaps when they
start apparently rambling on about 'the old days'. He said that every now
and again you'll pick up some little gem of information that you didn't know
before and that will make your patience worthwhile. Ray says he's found
that to be true time after time. The placing of a stone slab beneath an
apple tree when planting it was just one, but I doubt anyone does that now!

I'm intrigued. Why would you place a stone slab beneath an apple tree when
planting?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk