Old 08-08-2006, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Hedgehog repellent?

"Evan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sacha wrote:
If we didn't have badgers round here, I'd ask you to send us the

hedgehogs.
As it is, we do get some hogs and our dogs do just as yours do. We

follow
the simple expedient of going outside and calling the dogs in!
Hedgehogs are your friend - they eat all sorts of things you don't want
chewing your plants, so call the dog off!

We tend to sleep at night. My dog's barking usually doesn't wake me up!
I discover the mess only on the morning after.

Only when I'm up really late can I stop the "madness" before it
happens.

Perhaps a smaller pen or enclosure around the kennel into which the dog
stays for the night might be a solution (glad I am not a neighbour!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk