Old 08-08-2006, 05:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Danielle Danielle is offline

Default Jade plant spongy growth

Hi,
I have had a jade plant for about a year with no problems, and then all
of the sudden a brown growth started forming on the outer, younger
leafs. The growth starts on the edges and is slightly spongy. I can't
see any pests and was wondering if anyone knew what it was? I've cut
back the affected areas but it's still growing slowly. Also, there is a
white crust around the outer rim of the pot, I don't know if that's
related.
Many thanks!
Danielle