Old 08-08-2006, 08:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby Stubby is offline

Default Lime Time?

Tom The Great wrote:
Hello,

Saw another post about lime type, and wondered, what is the schedule
for putting down Lime? I'm in NE PA.

It is not very important, especially if you are putting down limestone
which takes years to act. Get a pH test kit and monitor it.

Some plants really like a sweet soil. Clematis, lilac and a few others.
Lime will also help keep moss and mushrooms out of your lawn. In
fact moss in the lawn is a telltale that I use to tell if I have enough.
If you grow potatoes, keep the lime away from them!