Old 08-08-2006, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Evan Evan is offline

Default Hedgehog repellent?

Jim Webster wrote:
We tend to sleep at night. My dog's barking usually doesn't wake me up!

Just the neighbors!

Hence why I need to address the issue.

I discover the mess only on the morning after.

Do you pass out?

Dog is out back, we sleep in rooms toward front of house. She doesn't
bark incessently. Usually growling. It's the lawn digging that is the
problem.

Only when I'm up really late can I stop the "madness" before it happens.

Lock the mutt up at night.

She's lived inside at night the last three summers. Had new baby, so
had to fill bedrooms a bit more than before. No desire for dog hair and
smell to get on the kids.

Plus she pooed diarrhea all over the toddler the morning of his
birthday. That was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back.
She's slept outside ever since.