Old 08-08-2006, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Can you identify these plants?

In message , Steve
writes
Can anybody help me to put names to these plants please. They are growing
in the east of Scotland.

TIA

Steve

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...volunteer1.jpg

It's not an ideal photograph, but I'm fairly sure that it's Sycamore (Acer
psuedoplatanus); IIRC the Scots call the Plane. I'd think you'd want to
get that out before it undermines the wall.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...wann/tree1.jpg

Might be a Locust (Robinia pseudoacacia) but I can't really tell.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...ellowshrub.jpg

Again I'm not sure, but I think it's Lonicera nitida.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...wann/fern1.jpg

Pass.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...evergreen1.jpg

Pass.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Totally agree with Lonicera nitida--(Baggerson's Gold?) and Maple
The tree pic blows up to show a bit more detail. Looks like it has rusty red
branches.