Old 08-08-2006, 08:54 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.local.southwest,uk.local.london,uk.local.essx,uk.rec.gardening
Jonathan Bryce Jonathan Bryce is offline

Default Pay to receive spam in US!

Michael Cargill wrote:

"Just Another Legal Fan" wrote in message
ups.com...
I thought this one was a windup but no.... In the US, spammers can
now legally call your mobile and YOU pay for the call! What the ****
is the matter with these Yanks?

Erm, I think you will find that it is an urban myth.

It isn't quite an urban myth. In the US, you do pay to receive calls on
your cell phone.

It is illegal for telemarketers to call mobiles, but I suspect that is about
as difficult to enforce there as it is to enforce telemarketing regulations
here.