Old 08-08-2006, 09:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Alfred Falk Alfred Falk is offline

Default Getting Rid of Queen Anne's Lace

wrote in
ups.com:

Just digging it out isn't working, and may not even be possible.

If I remove all the other smaller plants in the area, can I use
Roundup, or some other weedkiller, to kill the Queen Anne's Lace?

If not Roundup, what is recommended?

Will the weedkiller hurt lilacs, roses, raspberries, or any other
bushes in the area (too large to remove)?

How long after using the weedkiller can the original plants be
restored or new ones put in in place of the Queen Anne's Lace?
Thanks.

Cori

QAL is feral (incorrectly, "wild") carrot. Exactly the same species,
_Daucus carota_, but naturally re-selected for survival in the wild.
Carrot/QAL is a bienniel as are many of its relatives. Any plant
blooming this year will be gone next year. Cutting off the flower heads
will prevent seeding.

A L B E R T A Alfred Falk

R E S E A R C H Information Systems Dept (780)450-5185
C O U N C I L 250 Karl Clark Road
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
http://www.arc.ab.ca/ T6N 1E4
http://outside.arc.ab.ca/staff/falk/