Old 09-08-2006, 03:04 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default strange lawn pest

Micro* said:

"Jose" wrote in message
news
Steveo wrote:
"Micro*" wrote:

Lawn services are NOT a good thing, they spread things from one lawn to

another..DAMHIKT....

Haha! What did they spread to your lawn?

you think that's funny? if you kill a lawn it's just more work for u,
huh. whatta guy.

Thanks for the sympathy Jose.

Please don't feed the trolls/kooks. Thanks.

What they spred was a very nasty weed that had to be hand dug to get rid of
it,

You saw them spread the weed? How? Transplants? Seed? Herbaceous cuttings?

this appeared right after they areated my lawn.

Ahh! So *that's* how they did it! A core is removed, and a weed transplant
was put in it's place, all in the same pass. Brilliant! Thereby ensuring
that you'll call them back to remove the weeds they secretly transplanted.
Nice marketing strategy.

And maybe the bugs I have now????

Most likely. I believe you when you say that you had zero insects living in
your lawn. Congrats on maintaining such a sterile environment. You'll
probably live to be 100+.

By the way, Steveo, Maybe you wouldn't think this funny if you came out and
renovated my backyard in the 100+ deg. heat.

Maybe the heat had something to do with your lawn dying? Nah. I'm sure your
yard didn't have heat until the lawn died. And, we all know that weeds
don't thrive in heat. And, insects usually take summers off. How often did
you water, btw?

Or, maybe the lawn didn't survive because you totally wrecked the entire
ecosystem that was in place in your yard. Let's see, you dug up the rest of
the lawn. Then you "flooded" it with Sevin.

Could you elaborate on what rate per 1000 square feet, "flooded" is? I
couldn't find it on my bottle of Carbaryl. And, you know that Sevin is not
really a selective pesticide, right? It will kill beneficial organisms as
well as pests. And, it kills on contact.

Then you tilled the lawn. How deep did you till?

At what rate did you apply the compost? How many yards per 1000 square
feet?

Then you tilled again.

One last application of (I'm guessing, your "Bayer granules" was a bit
vague) Imidacloprid. That should take care of any earthworms, parasitic
wasps (which eat grubs, btw), and other beneficial creatures. Oh, and I
don't think I'd put in a vegetable garden in the near future. The label
stipulates that food crops cannot be planted for a year after Imidacloprid
application. Thus, two growing seasons would have elapsed before harvest.
I wonder if kids should play out on a treated lawn before that year is up.
Do ya have kids, Micro?

But, don't worry... the half life is only 720 days. And, apparently, it's
quite alright to treat yearly. Makes sense to me! I guess nematodes were
not on the list of possible solutions to your insect woes.

Don't bother answering this, you're plonked......

I can't speak for him, of course, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a
rat's ass that you've plonked him. I wouldn't be suprised if he'd already
killfiled you, nor would I blame him.

You had one "perceived" bad experience with some rinky-dink lawn company,
which probably had nothing to do with your lawn problem, and lumped *ALL*
lawn services into the "not a good thing" category. Ever had a bad
experience at a restaurant? Guess there's no good restaurants, then. Ever
see a bad movie? ALL movies suck! I'm with ya, man.

You come in, ****ing and moaning because you had some weeds, waited too
long, over-reacted, and totally fsked up your lawn, then proceed to ask
advice from people (many of whom are in the lawn-care industry, and come
here freely to help people, if they can), while at the same time slapping
them in the face.

Back to the problem at hand, anyone???

Perhaps the solution would be some therapy sessions?

HTH *woogiewave*
--
Eggs

-Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.