Old 08-08-2006, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Spent compost

"David (in Normandy)" wrote in message
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
Well it's war with me and the vine weevils. One or more has/have chewed
the leaves of a very precious banana plant that has taken ages to
germinate.
Can you give me an approximate time of night when the little darlings
appear? :-)

snip

At least there is a soil-drench / pesticide nowadays that you can buy,
albeit expensive. Not so many years ago it was a case of just too bad! I
once asked an expert for advice about what to do about vineweevils - his
advice was simple but drastic - "Move House!".
--
David

Move House. The standard answer for Japanese knotweed,Giant Hogweed, Mares
tail and now Weevil.
At least a property with this lot ought to be very cheap:-)