Old 09-08-2006, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lyndon Lyndon is offline

Default first time help

"Cuprager" wrote in message

Thanks to both of you for this great suggestion! Now all I need is some
resource that tells me what to plant and when in the west of Scotland
weather!

Gerry

You may find Mel Bartholomew's book useful here too ('Square Foot Gardening'
isbn 0-87857-341-0), since he talks in terms of 'weeks before last frost'
and 'weeks before first frost'. There's a very nice lady on uk.rec.psychic
who may be able to help out with those dates, or there's a web site
somewhere if averages are good enough. Try:
http://gardenaction.co.uk/main/weather.asp

BTW You mentioned a 6ft x 6 ft plot. You may find a 4ft x 4ft plot better
since you can reach all of it easily without walking on any plot. 6ft x 4ft
would also work, but I would have difficulty with 6ft x 6ft.

Lyndon