Old 09-08-2006, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Evan Evan is offline

Default ****** repellent?

©¿© wrote:
You sound like a real ******. I wonder how long before you feel the
same about the children? Pets are for life, not for fun.

I'll give you a hint, it's not ME who sounds like a ******. Hedgehogs
and babies weren't actually on our minds when our oldest son wanted the
dog in the first place. You don't sound like the cleverest bloke out
there, so I doubt you'd have planned for every eventuality either.

In my defence, I knew we probably weren't the best pet friendly family.
But it's the modern wife with the VETO power, not the other way around.
We adopted the dog out of another home where a woman's shift patterns
meant she couldn't have the dog. We didn't (and I would never) pay a
breeder to add another unwanted and unloved animal to the world. She's
been well treated and will continue to be.

As for the kids. I most certainly will want to get rid of them, no
doubts about that. At 18, they're OUTTA HERE!