Old 09-08-2006, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve[_4_] Steve[_4_] is offline

Default Metasequoia glyptstroboides - Dawn Redwood

Thanks to the very knowledgeable people in this newsgroup, I have
discovered that I have the above tree in my suburban garden on the east
coast of Scotland.

It was here when I bought the house 3 years ago and is now about 4m
high. It is a lovely tree and I would hate to have to remove it, but it
seems that it could grow up to about 40m which seems a bit excessive for
my garden and is bound to annoy and ultimately even threaten the
neighbours. It's only about 20m away from my house too.

It's no problem at the moment, but if I leave it too long it may be too
big to take down easily.

Any suggestions?

Steve