Old 09-08-2006, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Diogenes Diogenes is offline

Default Hizbollah photoshops - Reuters publishes [was Just for fun: Improvement on that rude tree photo]

On 9 Aug 2006 12:33:43 -0700, "Frank" wrote:

Diogenes wrote:
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 01:38:26 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan
wrote:

Frank wrote:

FragileWarrior wrote:

Please don't look if you don't have a sense of humor. Thank you.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=445358

I hear there's a photographer's job opening at Reuters.

In case anybody didn't get the reference, Reuter's (which has a long
and dishonorable record of Israel-bashing) published photographs by a
local Islamic stringer they had employed for years Thanks to
sharp-eyed photo experts, the pictures were exposed (sorry!)
as phonies, doctored with photoshop, to make damage results look
much worse. Reuter's, under huge pressure, gve a wink and a nod to
"apologizing", but chez Reuter's, the beat goes on...

Here's the story you will not hear/see in most US media:

Diogenes

You're right. I'm surprised. I watch FOX and listen to Limbaugh and
thought everybody would catch my sarcastic Reuters comment on doctored
tree photo. I'm not sure how much credit for media manipulation we
should give the Hezbo's when we have a very accepting media ;(

How tactful, Frank! "Accepting media", indeed. More like
"Ass-kissing media," diffusing uncritically anything the White House
put out. (Along with ass-kissing Congress-whores.)

Look at the debacle in Iraq, where we have wrecked a country, brought
on a bloody religious civil war, slaughtered countless innocent
civilians, imprisoned thousands of others in our Gulags *, and created
swarms of fanatical jihadis just itching to give us another 9-ll.

Thousands of our soldiers would be alive, and tens of thousands more
would not be maimed for life in body and spirit, if the "accepting
media" had asked the hard questions posed by other world media, and by
U.S. alternative media about the lies piled upon lies in the
Administration's pre-planned drive to invading Iraq.

*Bush's speechwriters called the Guantanamo and Abu Graib/Wagram
detainees "the worst of the worst". In reality, most of them were just
ordinary Joe Mohammeds, snatched off the street or out of their homes
by bounty-hunters eager to collect the fat bonuses offered by our
invasion forces for any warm body; don't ask, don't tell. Above all,
never prefer charges... that might bite the Administration in the ass.

Diogenes