Old 09-08-2006, 03:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default New Pond filter suggestions...

Kevin wrote:

The
beauty of the UV clarifier is that it allows one to have clear water
without really balancing out the nutrient equation. To cheat if you
will. At least that's been my clarifier experience with my relatively
small pond.

I'm afraid that's always been my argument _against_ using UV - it allows you
to clear the water without fixing the nutrient equation. I can't help
thinking that if you had limited the nutrients in the first place, you
wouldn't have had this problem.
--
derek