Old 09-08-2006, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_1_] Alan Holmes[_1_] is offline

Default flowering leeks

"bramble" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, wondered if anyone's got any views about flowering leeks.....can I
leave them where they are...should I cut the flower heads off...or dig
them up and start again. I understand that once a leek has flowered it
can be tough to eat in comparison. As a mere seedling of a gardener,
opinions are welcome.

Let it flower and save the seed, you will get about two million seeds,
enough to last several lifetimes, but you could supply all your friends with
free seeds.

Alan