Old 09-08-2006, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam sam is offline

Default what can I plant now ?

wrote:
I have recently dug up my potatoes, and have picked and chopped down my
peas. This has left plenty of space that I am keen to start making use
of again.
What can I plant now ?? When do garlic / onions go in ??

The old saying with garlic was "plant on the shortest day,
harvest on the longest". It's what I do and I have never had
crop failure.
Not so with over wintering onions.I planted 100 sets last autumn,
and harvested 30 onions this spring. (and they were not up to much.)
Never again!