Old 10-08-2006, 04:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier Mick Fournier is offline

Default Boycott Gettysburg

Tom,

When I was in sixth grade I had a crush on my sixth grade teacher. I wanted
to marry her and have her take me away from all the ugliness (and boredom)
of sixth grade... I had big plans for her and me. She had a driver's
license and I didn't so she could have driven the getaway car I thought.
However, I was always quite a talker in grade school and I interrupted the
class one to many times. My punishment from her for this infraction of the
class rules was that I had to memorize a good portion of the Gettysburg
address before I could go back outside for recess... man, that was terrible.
Needless to say, I lost interest in her after she stepped on all my
affections so brutally with that punishment.

I vote we rip up Gettysburg and build a real nice big condo project and
retail center with a golf course... and a big public orchid house.

Mick
"Tom" wrote in message
groups.com...
Link to Gettysburg photos showing the Gettysburg battlefield before
superintendent John Latschar's ego ran amok and ruined it.
http://users.snip.net/~hart/

We loved Gettysburg: married there, took dozens of week-long trips, spent
many thousands of dollars there, and even considered moving there. But
those

Blah, blah