Old 10-08-2006, 07:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
vortex vortex is offline

Default Orchid Photo Theft

Hi Mick,

I'm cool and definitely not a whiny naive carybaby as you think. I also
have the calendar in front to show me that I'm now in 2006. I know my
pictures will get used one way or another when I put them on the
internet but that doesn't mean that I just sit quietly while another
make $$$ selling orchids using my pictures. You may do just that but
then not everybody is like you, Mick.

Thanks for your comments and peace.

Nik

p/s, I don't frequent the usenet often. I think my posting here and on
other forums have serve their purpose so I won't be adding additional
comments to it. Please privately e-mail me if you wish to exchange
further, hopefully positive discussions on this topic.

Mick Fournier wrote:
Nik,

Relax. If you put your photos on the web they are going to get used by
others... this is 2006, not 1976. Don't be such a whiny naive crybaby.

Mick

=====================

"vortex" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

I have just discovered a website based in Denmark
(http://www.bc-orchideer.dk/phalaenopsis.html) unlawfully using several
of my orchid photos to sell their orchids. I won't be surprised if they
are also using photos of others too.

I have sent them a warning e-mail demanding that they removed the
photos ASAP and I would suggest others that are also affected do the
same. I'm really pi$$ed off when people stole my photos for commercial
gain. I have given permission to various individuals and organisations
for non-profit use of my photo collection but if they're making money
out of it, I feel that I need to be compensated.

Regards

Nik Fahmi of Vortex's Orchids
(http://zanaf.dyndns.biz)