Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.local.southwest,uk.local.london,uk.local.essx,uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] axel@white-eagle.invalid.uk is offline

Default Pay to receive spam in US!

In uk.legal Cynic wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 02:41:49 GMT, wrote:

How would a telemarketer *know* that they are calling a mobile if they
are simply calling random numbers, or numbers in a sequence?

By the prefix - same as they know whether they are phoning London or
Baltimore. IIUC all numbers beginning with "07" in the UK are
mobiles.

My US mobile has the same prefix (i.e. the first 3 digits of a 3-3-4
format number) as the land line I use. I should check up on the
billing, although I don't think that incoming calls incur charges
on my part... although I use it so little that everything gets
absorbed by the monthly minute allowance.

Axel