Old 10-08-2006, 08:21 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default snakes in yard

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:02:11 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

Don't be an ass...
Cats are family members.

As far as pit vipers go, I generally kill them too. There are way too
many beneficial, safe species around to spare them and with food
competition, you can encourage rat snakes etc. if you get rid of the
vipers.

Granted, it depends on my mood... I did capture one copperhead alive and
unharmed (after it'd bitten somebody's dog and I got a rescue call) and
I spared the last rattler I found in my back yard, but both snakes were
turned over to Wildlife Rescue Inc. (in Kendalia Texas) to be released
where they could not do any harm. I just did not feel like killing
anything those two days.

Come to think of it, the older I get, the less I want to kill anything.
sigh Guess that's part of life. I dunno.

I just hope those two snakes I spared never hurt anyone...
Sometimes I don't know how to feel.

In case you don't have reading comprehension I am an animal rights
activist and believe they have every right to live as we do. YOU are
the person with the killing everything. Check back several weeks to
see clearly you kill.

Killing less is still killing, so I don't know what that has to do
with anything.

I have had pets since I was born. I've paid out about 5 thousand
dollars to give my cat two years more life. She needed radiation and
surgery.