Old 10-08-2006, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default slow worms

Having a tidy up on the compost heap today I found a slow worm, what a
beautiful creature it is.

Lovely aren't they? What shade was its belly? Darker, copper, brown colour
or light, silvery? The darker ones are the females and the lighter ones
males (I think).

This one was a light toffee humbug sort of colour, very shiny with a
thin black line along its body. It was dark underneath, whatever sex it
was it was lovely and I will be looking out for it again

kate