Old 19-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Luke Tulkas

Default [IBC] OT Linux (PLS RESPOND OFFLIST)

"Mark Hill" wrote in message
"Defragging" your hard drive is a thing of the past.
With XP's NTFS file system, defragging is not necessary.

Is XP's NTFS any different from Win2K NTFS? Or WinNT NTFS?
If it isn't, then I find it strange that with WinNT there wasn't a built
in defrag tool, whereas on Win2K there is one. I wouldn't know about XP,
but since XP differs from Win2K in only a minor version (both are a
major version 5), I guess they're not _that_ different. I could be
wrong, of course. You never know with MS.