Old 11-08-2006, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer[_2_] cloud dreamer[_2_] is offline

Default Celery

David Levy wrote:

From northern California:

All the books say celery is hard to grow. I thought I'd take a flyer.

Nine weeks ago I planted four small plants from the nursery and they appear
to be doing fine. They have been well watered and fed. Each plant has about
twenty stalks 12-15 inches high. The diameter of each stalk is quite small
and is not terribly tender.

Are things on track? What should I be doing?

Sounds okay. This is my first summer with celery and I love it. It's
turning out to be one of the easier ones to grow. I planted them in May
and I'm cracking off a stalk a day to add to my salad. They're delicious.

..

Zone 5a in Canada's Far East.